Thank you for using priceAlert.
Our mission is to help you save money on your online purchases. For this, we periodically check the prices of the products you wish to purchase and we will notify you when the price drops.
We have written this information to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have available. We are an Internet company, so some of the concepts below are a bit technical, but we did our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. Any questions and comments on this statement are welcome.
We collect information in different ways:
1. When you give it to us or when you give us permission to obtain it.
Specifically, when you use priceAlert, in particular when you track Amazon products, you provide us:
- the device token, a code that we need to send you push notifications;
- the serial number of your device, we need this to recover the list of products you are following, in case you decide to reinstall or upgrade priceAlert or if you do not want to register
- your e-mail address, but only if you sign up via simple registration or via social network (Facebook or Google). We use your e-mail to send you notifications of price changes of the products you follow
2. When you use priceAlert, we also receive technical information
If you use any website, mobile application or other Internet service, some information is created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use priceAlert. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use priceAlert, our servers record certain information ("log data"), such as information sent automatically by the browser when you visit a website, or information sent by the mobile application during use. This log data includes the IP address, address, browser type and settings, date and time of the request, how you use priceAlert, cookie data and data on the device.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device on which you are using priceAlert, including the device type and unique device identifiers. The collection of some or all of this information often depends on the type of device being used and its settings. For example, the information available is different if you use a Mac or a PC, an iPhone or an Android smartphone. To learn more about the information that your device provides us, consult the information of the manufacturer of your device or the supplier of your software.
What we do with the information collected:We use the information collected to provide you with the Service. We are committed to showing you notifications of price changes relevant and quickly. To do this, we must use your information for:
- Identify you when you use priceAlert and process your requests.
- Answer your questions or comments.
Furthermore, and for similar reasons, we have a legitimate interest in using your information in this way. This interest is essential to the nature of the service we provide. In short, for us it is necessary to act in this way to make the service relevant, interesting and personal just as we promise, in the interests of us both.
We also have a legitimate interest in improving priceAlert, maintaining our relationship with you and protecting users. We both benefit when we use your information to:
- Improve priceAlert and offer new features.
- Send you updates (for example on certain price-related activities, such as saves or comments) and news via e-mail or push notifications, depending on the settings you have chosen. You can decide to stop sending these notifications by updating your settings.
We have a legitimate interest in notifying you of relevant, interesting and personal price changes in order to generate profits (providing this Service is expensive!) To encourage this interest, we use the information collected to:
- Decide which notifications are sent to you.
We have a legitimate interest in using the information we collect to personalize your priceAlert experience.
In addition to the specific circumstances mentioned above, we will use the information only with your consent for the purpose of:
- Sending marketing materials via e-mail, SMS or push notifications, depending on your account or operating system settings. Every time we send marketing materials we offer the option to unsubscribe.
- Identify you between the various browser sessions. It means that if you access priceAlert from your smartphone (or from any other device), we will remember you and you will not have to enter your login details every time you visit priceAlert.
Transfer of information:
priceAlert is an international service. By using priceAlert you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of its country of origin, including the United States, for the purposes described in this statement. The measures for the protection of privacy and the rights of the authorities for accessing your information in these countries may be different from those of your country of origin.
The information is not transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Choices at your disposal regarding the information:
Our goal is to offer you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a priceAlert account, many of the choices available to you are integrated directly into priceAlert or settings. For example, you can:
- Change the information in your profile at any time, decide whether or not to receive notifications by e-mail.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we will disable it and remove your products tracked by priceAlert.
In addition, we support the "Do Not Track" browser setting; you can get more information on how it affects the collection and use of data external to the site.
Other choices are offered by the device or software you use to access priceAlert. As an example:
- The browser allows you to control cookies or other types of data stored locally.
- The mobile device allows you to choose if and how to share your location, photos, advertising identifiers and other data with us.
For more information on these options, see the information given by the device or software manufacturer.
Times and methods of sharing information:
No one can see the products you track or the information on your profile. Some methods of use of information require us to share information with third parties, for example to make them aware of your experience on priceAlert, to ensure that personalization is effective and comply with the laws.
We share your information with:
- Law enforcement services or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request, to protect the security, rights or property of the public, of any person or priceAlert, or to detect, prevent or otherwise deal with fraud and technical or security problems.
Information retention periods:
We will keep your information only for the time necessary to provide you with the priceAlert service and to fulfill the purposes described in this statement. This also applies to those with whom we share information and who perform services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no longer any need to keep it in order to fulfill our legal or regulatory obligations, we will remove it from our systems or make it anonymous so that we cannot identify you.
Our policy on information for minors:
The use of priceAlert is forbidden for children under 13 years. If you live in the EEA, you can use priceAlert only if you have reached the age that allows you to give consent to the processing of data under the laws of your country or if you can provide verifiable consent from your parents or your legal guardian, use of priceAlert. If you are a parent or legal guardian and find out that your child is using priceAlert without permission, contact us.
Options available to you:
The options available to you regarding the data in our possession are described below. To take advantage of these possibilities, contact us. If you are a member of the EEA, you can:
- Access your data in our possession. We will usually share them with you within 30 days of request.
- Request correction or deletion of your data. You can update your information from the settings. If you're having trouble updating information or want to delete it, contact us.
- Prohibit the processing of your information. You can ask us to stop using your data, even if they are used to send you push notifications or marketing e-mail messages. If you refuse to receive marketing messages from us, you will still be able to receive news and updates about your account, for example when the price of a product you follow drops. We send you marketing materials only with your consent; if you do not wish to receive them, you can easily cancel the subscription at any time.
- Ask for your information to be sent to another company, where we have this information with your consent or for the execution of a contract with you, where technically feasible.
- Submit a complaint to the regulator. If you live in the EEA and believe that we have not complied with data protection laws, you have the right to file a complaint with your country's supervisory authority.
How changes are made to this statement:
We reserve the right to modify these rules periodically and, in this case, we will post the changes on this page. The use of priceAlert following these changes will imply your acceptance of the new rules. In case of substantial changes, we may publish a notice or obtain your consent, as required by applicable laws.
The best way to contact us is to visit our site. The owner and person responsible for the processing of data to be contacted is Marco Zilotti, a freelancer with registered office in Corso Cavour 76, Zevio, 37059 - VR, Italy.
We have set up an email address for all your requests: [email protected]
Effective from May 13, 2018